Diabetic Investors Hanukkah Gifts
With the holiday season upon us Diabetic Investor has some gifts for subscribers. Since we’re in the midst of the Festival of Lights it’s only appropriate that we hand out eight Hanukkah gifts.
1. 1. To shareholders of Amylin (NASDAQ:AMLN) a buyout offer from anyone but Lilly (NYSE:LLY).
2. 2. To the new management team at Abbott (NYSE:ABT) Diabetes Care a real understanding of the blood glucose monitoring market and approval of the Navigator.
3. 3. To all those who believe that inhaled insulin has a chance to be commercially successful, a reality check.
4. 4. To anyone who believes that continuous glucose monitoring systems will receive reimbursement in 2007, a bigger reality check.
5. 5. To the insulin pump market and the many companies set to enter the market, a wake up call and understanding that the market is not large enough or growing fast enough to support all the players.
6. 6. To Merck (NYSE:MRK) and its new drug Januvia, hope that there really are no serious side effects with the drug.
7. 7. To GlaxoSmithKline (NYSE:GSK) and Lilly, that Januvia’s strong start doesn’t spell the end for TZD’s.
8. 8. To all the sales reps of the blood glucose monitoring companies who are about to lose their jobs, a good severance package.
Finally to all our loyal subscribers continued solid reporting by Diabetic Investor.
Happy Hanukkah to all.